Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Are You Ready to Rock, Gramps?

        So we went for a visit to Gramps' house this weekend (my dad.) Gramps is a bit of a music nut. He has a room with 1,000+ CDs all neatly organized alphabetically along a huge wall of CD shelves. In addition to this, his bookcase is covered in knickknacks of anything and everything music related. For example, he has a handful of pebbles and stones that are hot glued onto a flat rock. Each pebble has a pair of googly eyes on it, and behind all rock people there is a sign that says "ROCK Concert." Gramps has all of the California Raisins figurines and The Muppet Band too. He also has a full orchestra of insects playing classical instruments, each sitting on their own custom made set of wooden risers. And even a frog band consisting of frogs figurines playing every instrument you can think of.

          There's also artwork from me, my brother, my mother,and Pumpkin Pie that cover the walls from top to bottom. It's a great place to hang out, especially now since Gramps is smoke free. I think hanging out in his music room on Sunday is still fresh in Pumpkin's memory, because I found this picture on my desk when I got home from work today:



I like how there's a DJ, but there's also a tambourine player. I'm still hoping she will color it in for us, but for now I'll take it the way it is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment